Made mentoring programs support each individual, enriching lives and creating new found freedoms.
While working with their personal coach, our clients learn and practice skills including, but not limited to:
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving Techniques and Strategies
- Time Management and Organization
- Budgeting and Money Management
- Establishing a Healthy Routine
- Personal Accountability and Follow-Through
- Home Maintenance
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Self Management
- Job Seeking and Acquisition
- Education and Academics
- Meal Planning and Cooking
- Medication and Symptom Management
- Healthy Relationships and Dating
Focus on Life Skills | Managing responsibilites
We often see clients who, while intelligent and academically capable, present with some level of an executive functioning deficit. We have a strong focus on life skills and we often work with young adults who need help structuring their day, managing their class schedule and responsibilities, managing their employment responsibilities, and interacting appropriately with their peers, parents, and others in their lives, as well as improving their ability to advocate for their needs and wants. We utilize the techniques below to support clients:
Our primary goal is that every client develops the ability to make healthy decisions and problem solve effectively with limited accountability support from a coach, parent, or other.
We emphasize the importance of knowing when to ask for help, work to help each client understand, accept, and embrace their limitations and continue to cultivate and grow from their strengths.
- Reflect and evaluate past decisions and outcomes in order to make well-informed future decisions.
- Help clients organize class syllabi to set a plan for completing assignments, reading, and prepare for exams.
- Utilize a shared calendar to help clients stay accountable for due dates and other life obligations.
- Assist clients in managing free time will also finding time for studying, doing chores, exercising, sleeping, and developing healthy eating habits.
- Create a client-centered system for remembering appointments, assignments, and other daily-life tasks.
- Set goals, work together to identify the steps necessary to complete goals, and establish a system of accountability that empowers each client.